Havas Media Senior Web Developer Job in Nairobi Kenya today 2013
To provide leadership in the company in delivering web development ideas and implementation of projects. The leader will ensure that the projects running meet design and technical requirements of high industry standards.
The position also dictates that the senior web developer guides and instructs the web development team on a daily basis with scheduled status meetings and project plans.
The senior web developer should also be in direct communication with HMK clients guiding projects to the satisfaction of clients and the project plan.
- Responsible for Leading and Managing the web developers and assign projects to web developers with clear briefs and key performance indicators.
- To manage the workload of the team by allocating resources appropriately to optimize service provision across the hours of operation
- To manage, monitor and report on the team’s performance and demonstrate best practice in all aspects of professional web developing.
- To monitor and manage the changing needs of the client, making recommendations for service delivery and implementing those improvements to the satisfaction of the client
- To undertake induction, training and development of a web development team.
- To liaise effectively with both internal teams and other departments of the HMK corporate family.
- To ensure that the team follows the established procedures for each client request, including logging in all enquiries on daily timesheets or recommended 3rd party applications.
- To prepare and analyze team reports on development, time taken and improvements to be made. Share the reports on a timely manner meeting all deadlines with simplified reports.
- To Audit calls of each developer and provide feedback on the Audits reviews.
- To ensure that the development team adheres to the set daily schedules/Breaks including Leave schedules.
- To participate in project management, planning and execution of client briefs and recommendations.
- Perform any other duty as maybe assigned by the chief executive officer.
- Provide Leadership and proper management of day to day activities
- Supervise, coach and monitor the development team on a daily basis
- Organize regular team status meetings to improve internal communications
- Organize and plan for appraisal sessions and personal development meetings with team members
- Represent HMK in all client meetings that request web development input
- Provide feedback and professional recommendations on all meetings and agreements reached
- Timely and well analyzed reports on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Maintain statistical records of the Team and Team members giving recommendations to the CEO.
- Good experience with consumer facing websites.
- Must have very good knowledge of CMS management: Joomla/Wordpress
- Must have basic knowledge of Adobe packages
- Must have good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Good communication skills. Team player and vocal to the needs of the team
- Must be able to work under deadline pressure. Working hours are normally 45 hours per week but there will be exceptions when needed.
- Language – fluent in English
Deadline: 27 Jun, 2012
If you do not hear from Human Resources by 9th July, 2012, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.