Feed The Children Nutrition Officer Jobs vacancies in Central Kajiado District Kenya today
Feed The Children – Kenya is seeking to recruit the position of a Nutrition Officer to be based in Central Kajiado District.
This is a six months contract.
The position holder will report to the Food and Nutrition Pillar Manager.
- Together with District Nutrition Officer (DNO), come up with a Bi annual request for the MNP Supplements in all Health Facilities.
- Carry out nutrition program supportive supervision and On the Job Training for Health workers and Community Health workers.
- Thoroughly monitor submission of stock and nutrition indicator reports from all Health Facilities.
- Assist DNOs with preparation of monthly District stock summary report.
- Strengthen nutrition education and other High Impact Nutrition Interventions such as Infant and Young Child Feeding and Micronutrient supplementation to healthcare workers, and beneficiaries of the program at Health Facility.
- Carry out demonstrations of home fortification with MNP to new beneficiaries at Health Facilities.
- Jointly with DNO initiate and ensure Health Facility based mother-to-mother support groups are held monthly in the District, be an active participant in these meetings, and disseminate minutes of these meetings to the agency and partner.
- Jointly with DNO initiate and ensure quarterly coordination meetings with key stakeholders are held in the District.
- Participate in community/cluster/work group meetings, and disseminate minutes to the agency and partners.
Requirements for this position
- A degree in Nutrition and Dietetics from a recognized University.
- Good working knowledge on Integrated Management of Acute Malnutrition (IMAM)
- At least 1 year Experience implementing and managing Supplementary Feeding Programs (SFPs).
- Experience working with nutrition programs in partnership with the Ministry of Public Health and Sanitation.
- Excellent coordination skills both at District level and at Health Facilities.
- Excellent skills in managing databases and generating reports.
- Ability to use own initiative and work with minimum supervision.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of the local language will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding of child protection policies.
If you meet the requirements of the above position, please send your application letter, detailed CV, phone and email contacts of three (3) references; to email@example.com by 5th August 2013.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.